Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sweet Potato & Beef Stuffed Peppers

I am happy to announce that I will be posting my first paleo-related interview on an upcoming blog post. While in NYC, I tried an amazing new restaurant called Hu Kitchen that focuses on how humans should eat. There are limitless gluten-free and paleo options, and the space is amazing. I will write more about it on the upcoming post when I interview CEO and founder Jordan Brown.

On another note, I came across a great blog this week that I've been loving. I definitely recommend Katie did, and her awesome pepper recipe inspired my dinner tonight. 

Ingredients:
- 4 sweet peppers
- 1/2 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, & cinnamon

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut the tops off the peppers, clean out the insides, and put them in a baking dish with an inch of water
3. Bake for 30 minutes
4. While peppers cook, saute the ground beef, and drain all excess fat/liquid when cooked
5. Add the shredded sweet potato, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cinnamon to the beef, and cook for another 10-15 minutes until sweet potato is cooked
6. Whisk eggs in a bowl, and add beef mixture
7. Pour the mixture into the peppers, cover the dish with tin foil, and bake for another 30 minutes
8. I served these with some simple roasted asparagus (20 min @ 350 degrees with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder)

  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment