Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Acorn Squash Stuffed w/ Grass-Fed Beef

Happy Chrismannukah everyone! I am so full of the holiday spirit and have been on a holiday shopping rampage for the last 48 hours. I love this time of year and can't wait to be surrounded by all of my favorite people for the holidays. 

Mal is in town, so we have been catching up and spending much needed quality time together after FIVE months apart. We graciously turned down offers to go out for a night on the town last night so we could do our old routine of eating together, watching Grey's, and chatting all night. Life doesn't get too much better than this. Tonight I am going to make this acorn squash recipe again because it is so simple and absolutely delicious. I am promising myself that I will remember to go buy cinnamon before I start cooking this time so I can pump up the flavor a bit. Try it out with your friends and family over the holidays, and add any of your favorite spices. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 2 acorn squash, halved
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- Cinnamon, sea salt, and pepper

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Scoop seeds out of squash, and bake them face down in 1/2 inch of water in a baking dish for 35 minutes until soft (a fork should easily poke through the flesh)
3. While squash is cooking, cook ground beef over medium heat on the stove
4. After 5 minutes, drain all of the fat and then add the onion, garlic and spices
5. Stuff the squash with the meat mixture, sprinkle with extra cinnamon, and serve!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment