Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Sea Bass Ceviche

Lots of updates from blog central! Since my last post, I have decided I am moving out of Boston and subsequently got my apartment rented, found a new one, worked in Stamford, went to a baby shower, and celebrated Passter/Eastover with the fam. It has been a wonderful and crazy week, and now the countdown for the big move is on. I am so excited for my next chapter, and I am looking forward to sharing my new adventures (and recipes) that I have along the way. 

Tonight's recipe is a beautiful spring sea bass ceviche that Ryan and I made in Dubai during a cooking class at the Taste of Dubai. It was an amazing food festival with all of the top restaurants and shops, famous international chefs, cooking demonstrations, classes, live music, and more. We had a great time, and we learned how to make our first ever ceviche. It is the simplest dish imaginable, and it is perfect for the warmer spring and summer days ahead! This recipe passes my test for freshness, color, texture, and taste. The recipe was a small one for two tasting plates, so feel free to double (or triple) the recipe if you are making it for a bigger group. Be amazed as the fish naturally "cooks" on its own when mixed with the lemon juice!

Spring Sea Bass Ceviche: Serves 2, Prep time: 5-15 min, Cook time: none!

Ingredients:
- 5 oz. sea bass fillet
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped hearts of palm
- 1/2 cup chopped papaya
- 1/4 cup sliced radish
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 small chopped jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp finely diced garlic
- Juice from one lemon
- Sea salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Slice the skin off the sea bass, and cut it into bite-sized pieces
2. Lightly season with salt and pepper, and squeeze lemon juice over the fish
3. Stir the fish so it is coated well, and let sit for about 5 minutes
4. Add all other ingredients, mix well, and serve!

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment