Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Raspberry Hazelnut Spinach

Today was a great day. I got lots of good news, crossed off some huge items on my to-do list at work, and visited with Joann and her little man Tyler after work. Tomorrow is Friday which is even better, and I am looking forward to the weekend. No major plans at the moment, but I am hoping to take my bike out for another spin if the rain holds out. I went for a ride last weekend for the first real ride in about 2 years. Mal and I used to be pros when we biked every morning before work in our old life. Apparently when you take 2 years off, it isn't nearly as easy. As I finished the first monster hill, I was off the saddle huffing and puffing like a 500-lb. man with asthma. Clearly a beautiful site, and I decided one loop was enough (when the original plan was three). I am determined to build back up to our daily 15-mile rides full of hills before the summer ends. Mal will be back in Stamford for the summer, and I only have 6 more days until she arrives. Reunited again, I am sure we will conquer the biking along with everything else that comes our way! I apologize in advance to my die-hard paleo readers if I am eating delicious baked goods from SoNo Baking Company, bagel sandwiches and cinnamon rolls from Liz Sue, and some good old-fashioned rice pudding from the grocery store. If it happens, just remember... she made me do it!

Raspberry Hazelnut Spinach: Serves 4, Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 10 min

Ingredients:
- 5 cups spinach
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 small container raspberries (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts

Instructions:
1. Lay chopped hazelnuts on a foil-lined pan
2. Toast nuts for 2-3 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn
3. Heat coconut oil over medium heat
4. Add spinach and cook until wilted (about 5 minutes)
5. Top sauteed spinach with toasted hazelnuts and fresh raspberries


  

1 comment: